View post (Suggestion for New Guitar - Rock / Metal style)

View thread

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/20/2013 5:44 am
Problem with a question like this, you're going to get a zillion answers. I personally am a fan of Kramer. Damn good guitars that are less expensive yet solid built. Kramer was the king of the 80s, fell out of popularity, Gibson bought the company, yadee yedee yada. Anyway, the Kramer line is slowly making a come back.

Do they put the most top notch electronics in most Kramer guitars? Some yes, some no. The higher priced ones probably... However, that takes the fun out of it for me. I love to hot rod my guitars.

I have a $700 Ibanez S that i bought brand new at Guitar Center. It was stunning looking, fell in love had to have it. It's a great guitar, however it just hangs on the wall... Why? Because I don't like the feel of the neck.

I just bought a used Kramer Pacer Classic for $250. It will get played 50:1 against that Ibanez. Sometimes a guitar just speaks to you, some don't. Your best bet is to go to as many guitar shops as possible and try as many guitars as you can.

However, my suggestion, if you want to save a little money and still have an awesome guitar, check out the Kramers.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015