View post (Killer Rock Outros)

View thread

maggior
maggior
06/14/2013 1:03 pm
Originally Posted by: amclean68ARE YOU KIDDING?

The first songs in this list should have been Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb "

YES!!! That outro still, to this day, will make the hair on my arms stand on end. "Hotel California" is classic to, but lacks the emotion of "Comfortably Numb".

But I understand Wildwoman's reasons for leaving it out.

Some of my favorites (yes, I'm a Rush fan ;-) ...

2112 (Side 1) - Rush
As it comes to its firey bombastic end, we hear "We have assumed control, we have assumed control, we have assumed control". As the final note fades, you fall back into your seat setting aside your air guitar with a sense of having arrived home from battle. Awesome!!

Hemispheres (Side 1) - Rush
Here we are taken on a journey describing the conflict of logic and emotion that ends in quite the opposite way of 2112 - very mellow in conrast to the rest of the song. As this songs ends, you have a stupid grin on your face. Despite the mellow ending, it still has a huge impact.

Voyage 34 - Porcupine Tree
This song describes an LSD trip gone wrong. The end, at which the trip goes wrong, is punctuated by a very cool guitar solo. As the solo ends, the synthesizers come in conveying a sense that, with a sense of relief, the experience is over. Another awesome ending.

I wish I could think of more at the moment, but these are the ones that jump to mind for me.