View post (Bee in My Guitar ?)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
09/13/2012 10:44 pm
Originally Posted by: RTokarsDidn't buzz when I took it in. Set-up was at the local guitar store. Done by their tech (so they say ?). With your advise, I can now take it back to the store, and have them repair the problem.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I would DEFINITELY take it back if it started buzzing AFTER they "fixed" it. Should do it soon too, so they can't say you waited too long and throw some store policy excuse at you. You shouldn't have to pay for this second repair since it was their fault (presumably).

[QUOTE=RTokars]What do you mean by the "action" set too low?

"Action" is the height of the strings off the fretboard. If the strings are too high, it's hard to play since you have to push further down and use more force. If it is too low, your strings will be hitting the frets when they vibrate and you'll hear that buzz. For an extreme example think of the lowest action being the strings literally laying flat on the frets (unplayable since the strings can't vibrate). High action would be the strings raised up an inch above the fretboard (can imagine how ridiculous that would be to play).

What type of guitar do you have? Might make it easier to figure out where the problem might be if we could see it online.