View post (The Curse of Lynyrd Skynyrd)

View thread

haghj500
haghj500
09/19/2012 2:13 am
I remember the day I heard One More from The Road. I had heard Skynyrd on the radio, liked it.
But when I dropped the cassette into the player. I was blown away, every song rocked and kicked so much jelled together azz that I would not let my friends play any other music. I listened to it 7 times in a row the first day and do not remember how many times the next day. I spent 4 years in school bands when I was younger and the last 1.5 years playing in a 5 man band. Always working to get it tight.
So when I heard 3 guitar players playing as one I was amazed till I heard the dueling leads. Note for note, Bend for bend then the 3rd guitar player would add little licks behind and on top of the other two as they were playing screaming leads. They did it song after song LIVE for a Whole Double Album.

I believe the music world lost as much when they died as when Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn or any other blow rocked it.

Wildwoman1313 you did a great job on your article. Thank you for taking the time and doing the research to do it well.