View post (Joe Bonamassa: Blues-Rock Wunderkind)

View thread

PsyDyn
PsyDyn
04/05/2013 3:01 pm
When I 2007 listened accidentally first time to Joe's characteristic phrasing, it was an electrical feeling immediately getting my forearm hairs to stand up — only comparable to "It's may own fault" 1969 from the genius Johnny Winter, "Voodoo child" by Jimi, e.g. "Crossfire" by SRV or the early Eric Clapton in his "Cream" times. None of the friends had heard of him ever. For me it was breath-taking how he supported and accompanied Beth Hart. Later I drove together with my family hundreds of kilometers to a concert, last month we heard him second time. Many musicians can impress, but Joe Bonamassa has really touched all of us deeply, even our teenage-daughter, with his unforgettable rich tone, his fair and humorous behaviour to his band colleagues, his honest musicianship and especially his clear, kind and absolutely unpretentious personality.

He can inspire children to learn music, giving the impression that it is important what you feel yourself (like B.B. King always told us), thus far away from demotivating others via one's brilliant playing. So he also encouraged me to start again my music amateur life. Thank you for showing respect to a great musical artist.