View post (I remember when)

View thread

G1619T
Full Access
G1619T
Full Access
04/19/2012 8:15 pm
I could go backstage and meet the band or talk to them at the side of the stage. The Stones, Kinks, The Who; many of these groups played smaller venues during the mid 60's than today. When the groups welcomed new comers to their music. When you had a choice of "Black Diamond" Round Wound or Flat Wound Strings to mix and match. When a Les Paul cost me $275,a Strat $225 or an SG $200 (around 1970-72). When tube amps were the norm and an expensive one was around $175. I know I'm showing my age. I was given a 1959 Les Paul (in 1968) for helping out a neighbor or a 1964 Gretch White Falcon for baby sitting the Majors twins across the hall with out pay for a year (not all at the same time!!!) in our apartment (in Germany, I was an Army Brat). People were giving, and cost/collectors value never entered their minds. Musicians were always sharing their secrets or something new they learned. I remember.......well you get the picture. No reason to bitch about the cost of these lessons. They are a best buy. I'm re-learning everything I've forgotten.
G1619T