View post (I remember when)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/15/2012 1:42 am
Originally Posted by: nigelcoughlinHave you ever tried too budget your money below the poverty level?

Thanks and Thanks Again.

I think a strong case can be made that the lower the income, the more important budgeting becomes. Without budgeting (at any level) it's often difficult to 'afford' the necessities/pay the bills, let alone buy some of the niceties. It's hard to get ahead when you don't know where the money is going. Beyond that, budgeting leads to savings, savings lead to investment and investment leads to grand things down the road. But at it's basic level a budget can show where some spending can be reduced so that the money can go to something else. Bottom line, it tells you how much you can spend...and then *you* can make the decision on what.

And yes, when I started out I spent some years at poverty level. But I always had a budget and savings going to the bank every month.

To get a little more on topic; the GT subscripton seems to be pretty good value for the money and worth the price. Still, that's my judgement and decision.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins