View post (Where to go from here?)

View thread

reldridge
reldridge
03/28/2012 2:49 pm
I'm still working through the Fundamentals 2 course as well. My plan (subject to change of course) is to eventually go through all the style courses. My theory is that what I do first will in some ways shape later learning, so I plan to do the courses in sort of my order of preference. In my case Blues, Rock, then Country.

I went through the Song lessons and arranged them by difficulty. The easier ones definitely look doable for someone at my stage. Of course, I'm sure they'll take just as much practice (if not more) as any of the Fundamentals lessons.

I'm a complete guitar noob, so take my advice w/ a grain of salt. If you're looking for a carrot, and you're ready to move on from the fundamentals, then I'd suggest finding a lesson that interests you. Maybe a song, or a particular genre, or a new skill set.

Sometimes if I find myself frustrated or bored of what I'm focusing on (in my case major and minor chord progressions), then I'll go and visit one of the many lessons that look interesting. A sort of introduction of things to come. I've currently checked out some of the Blues lessons, fingerpicking, a couple of songs, etc. Not spending a huge amount of time with them at this point, just checking them out.

Hope something in here helps!

Good luck!