View post (Gibson Les Paul Studio/PRS)

View thread

maggior
maggior
04/23/2014 8:58 pm
Hey Fretsmith -

I'm playing through a Peavey Valveking 112 - it's 50 Watts. I found I love the sound of a tube amp!! That was my big equipment purchase a bit over a year ago.

You're right that this guitar is a great complement to what I have. I see this guitar becoming my goto guitar for playing out, along with my strat. Still love the strat too!

With the Zoom, I'm really not using the amp for it's sound...just amplification. Now that I have a guitar that seems to work with the Zoom pedal much better, I will go back to expierimenting with using the Zoom as strictly an effects pedal.

My interest is definitly piqued on the Godin. Such a great looking guitar and from listening to Hanspeter here play it, it sounds awesome. I'll run across one one day!!

Last night I was breaking it in with songs I've been playing the past couple of months with the band since I'm so familiar with then and how they sounded with my strat. It took me a while to tame the clean tone...but I got it where I wanted. The dirty tone for Hard to Handle was friggin awesome!! That led to a little "Runnin' with the Devil"!!

In between learning some new songs for next week's rehearsal, I'll be breaking this puppy in!

Cheers!
Rich