View post (Wow... what happened to this site)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
11/13/2011 8:14 pm
Although I agree that pretty much everything the OP said was wrong and inconsiderate, I don't think the thread should be deleted necessarily. Any feedback or complaints are information that a business can use to look at itself and see where it can improve. He went about it the completely wrong way though.

Editing out the unnecessary comments (ignorant and childish comments berating others) would be a better idea.

I do KIND OF see his point on the shift the site has taken towards a more "beginner" state. I joined about 6 years ago and I remember a lot more talk about "guitar tricks" like he mentioned. Advanced techniques like sweep picking or tapping were common in the forums. There seemed to be a lot more intermediate/advanced users in the forums themselves always having different conversations.

I think it's more of an issue with forums in GENERAL though, not just this forum. Forums aren't the social gathering places of the internet like they used to be. I am a frequent follower of a couple forums and all have had declines in traffic. One is almost a ghost town now. All of them are specific in their areas of expertise whether it's music, computers, or something else. People have easier access to information across the internet these days. Now that you can easily find anything you want on the internet through sites like Google or YouTube, there is less of a need to come to a forum and have discussions. I don't really ask questions here too often any more because if I have a question, I just type it into Google and get an answer way quicker than I would on any forum.