View post (Wow... what happened to this site)

View thread

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
11/13/2011 6:36 pm
Hi Hootayah

I was not here back in the way beginning of this site but have for the past three years. While the site may have moved on from what you remember, I think John has done an outstanding job of taking a nitch site and successfully turning it into a business. I'd be afraid to think of how much money I'd have spent on in person guitar lessons to match what this website has taught me.

Has it changed from what you remember it being? Sure, it has, having said that I'm willing to bet he has reached a much wider audience as well. I think they have done a magnificent job of structuring a core learning system that branches out into separate areas.

Also, not ALL the videos are constrained to the core learning system either. The instructors are always putting out new video series that are not associated to the core. Lots of in goal specific in depth structured series of lessons. There are still a lot of videos.

Just to ask, you indicated that this place used to be just about "guitar tricks", what type of material do you feel is no longer available that was back in the day?
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015