View post (Drug Abuse In Music)

View thread

spliphiticus
spliphiticus
03/06/2002 2:13 am
sex, drugs and rock and roll? or is it the other way around rock and roll then sex then drugs =) unfortunately the rock and roll is what killed em first and thier weakness to abstane. In my experience I have noticed that in most cases where do you play? well bars, parties and such when you start, and there is always a PARTY and if you are happenin your invited. Alot of times these musicians where not junkies or alcoholics when they started but unfortunately for the music business it seems to be a givin that most will suffer some abuse of a substance etc. The point is there is a wave of fresh new musician who do abstane these days and get rest before big gigs and perform well. It is a PARTY carreer in many aspects. And drugs and booze and sex are senonimous (spelling ack) I am glad to hear more and more are finding thier creativity elswhere and not falling in the pits. Think I heard it in a 311 song "I'm high on life there are so many trips in it." or something like that. (sorry if I mis quoted but....)by the way the sex part is ok for the most part unless you break something and believe me it is handed out like candy if you ROCK =)