View post (Bugera V22)

View thread

fcd803
fcd803
09/27/2016 5:10 pm
I purchased the V22 despite the negative reviews by the Marshall/Fender snobs. I've been playing privately and professionally for 50+ years and have burned my way through many different brands and types of amps in my time. I never was impressed with or liked Marshall's its a very limited amp unless a large array of effects are added or you play strictly rock. Fender of course is the King of amps, but have become ridiculously priced. That being said I love this amp for the price and style music I play these days which is blues. The amp has great tone and plenty of punch for club gigs. Tone wise its great and has lots of tonal versatility. The only effects and pedals I use are the Behringer Hellbabe wah, Spark mini booster, and Boss BD-2 which I run directly into the amp. I also run a True Tone H2O through the effects loop. As for some of the complaints I've read about the reverb I personally have none. Overall if your a Metal hard banger etc this probably isn't the amp for you, but if your a blues or jazz player the price alone makes this a must check out amplifier I think you'll be impressed especially if you play some of the other not guite as versatile higher priced tube amps available these days.