View post (PayPal Problem)

View thread

Tranquilizer
Tranquilizer
02/20/2012 12:56 am
Guys, I fear something fishy is going on. Not accusing anyone of anything, and I love the site. That's my disclaimer. What follows is my experience.

I recently decided to pay for more full access after a long break. I paid with PayPal and was prompted to link my credit card to my PayPal account for immediate access. I wanted it now, so I did that, not suspecting anything fishy, despite the fact my checking account is also linked to PayPal and, in the past, has always been billed instantly when there were no funds in my PayPal.

Alas, this transaction didn't go through. I was bored, impatient and a bit buzzed, so I went ahead and payed for a year with my credit card. Boom. I was in, and not even worried about being billed for another month when the original transaction eventually cleared.

Last weekend my credit card company called and we found someone jacked my
card #. Since my original PayPal payment to this site never went through, I can't help but suspect the prompt for my credit card might have been a phishing scam.

The good news is I have a one year membership, a new credit card, and no harm was done. I hope this site had nothing to do with the theft of my cc info, but it's all I can figure.