View post (Christmas Comes Early For Hendrix Fans)

View thread

zeetz2004
zeetz2004
12/04/2010 7:21 pm
Thanx For The Hendrix Info....he Changed My Guitar Playing Life By Almost Metaphysical Proprotions Inasmuch As Jimi Was As Ground Breaking & Monumental In Music History As Say The Beatles Or Elvis...not So Much Due To His Showmanship Or Total Body Of Work That He Left Us As His Legacy, We Being A Music Loving And Playing Civilization, But More Of A Spiritual/sonic Energy That Would Have Had To Be Experienced Back When He Was Alive For Those Very Short Brief Years That Jimi Was With Us On This Earth.....(he May Not Have Been From Here...even Though, We Know, Biologically He Was Born In The Seattle, Wa. Area..*(*in Terms Of Being Influenced Possibly By Extraterrestrial Intellect?) ..but I'll Never Forget And Always Love His Virtuosity, His Musical Thrusts Into All Styles & Musical Genres That One Could Think Of Playing Guitar..he Played Some Jazzy 'wes Montgomery' Things That Sounded Truely Beautiful; Ie, At The Very End Of The Woodstock Movie ...as Well As The Man....in Spite Of His Publicized Vices...he Was About Peace & Love ....constantly Writing His Dad 'al' Expressing Love & Affection And Gratitude For Love Ones & Others....he Had Such A Tough & Tragic Younger Life Growing Up....had To Steal Food To Eat Sometimes....but Went To A Recent Jimi Hendrix Exhibit In Rosenberg, Tx Recently ...and They Had Exhibited @ This Large Bookstore....not Only Several Of His Favorite Guitars, Rare Photos, Jewelry, Etc...but Quite A Collection Of His Multi Colored Art Drawings & Paintings...that Were Quite Beautiful And Many Of Us Never Knew These Hendrix Works Of Art Existed In The 1st Place...he Was A 'beautiful Cat' & A Musical Phenomena...bursting With Genuine Artistry That Will Live On As Long As We Hold On To Our Human Heritage & 'musical Americana' From The Past ...i'll Always Love My Soul Brother And Guru ...and Thank God I Got To Experience 2 Of His Live Performances In 1967 & 1969 B4 His Tragic Death......i Don't Care If You Play Metal,blues,rock,bluegrass, Jhango Rinehart Gypsy Jazz, Flamenco, Etc ......no One Really Knew How Profound Jimi Was Til He Was Gone Many Years Later ......(go Listen To The Original Electric Ladyland Again Or Little Wing...or Some Of His Istrumental Stuff .....and Had He Lived ...wow!) I Truely Believe Many People Feel Related Fondness & Admiration For This Guitar Player "extrodinaire"....he's Still Playing Some Where Else, I Believe.....peace/love Z