View post (Why no one but SRV can sound like SRV)

View thread

mwwagg
mwwagg
02/14/2002 9:43 am
I have always seen ppl asking questions about how they can play more like a special guitarist or sound like their fav guitarist...

Heres the real deal, no matter how much you practice artisit specific licks and riffs you will never truly play like that artisti. Its like putting on Make up and wearing a wedding gown and saying Hmmm I'm madonna...it just doesnt work that way.

Take SRV for example : A great guitar player who inspired millions. Many have tried to emulate his sound but never could, WHY ? Cause the secret was in his fingers.
He had monsters, he played .13 gauge strings because he needed something hard for his Massive fingers.

Thats why you will never sound like clapton or hendrix or any other guitar great its cause u dont have their fingers, gear is also essential but even if u played the same gear as your fav artist it would be hard to sound like them cause you are not them.....

HERES MY ADVICE :

The reason they r your fav artisit is because they r original and have done something that inspires you.
Now take that inspiration and make something new...the World Needs more of YOU not another Steve Vai or Satriani or hendrix ...

BE YOURSELF AND PLAY FROM THE HEART AND LEARN ALL THAT YOU CAN !!!