View post (Research!)

View thread

Jarsew
Jarsew
06/08/2010 4:55 pm
Originally Posted by: ScornEmperorI listen to metal all day long while at work, but since I'm playing other types of things now, I'd like to broaden my horizons a bit.
Well, what kind of metal you listen to? The term metal back in the day was pretty specific; if someone in the 80's said I listen to metal, it was easy to assume they were referring to Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden or Scorpions or Judas Priest etc. Pretty straight forward.

But man in these days, there is such a huge spectrum its insane. One metalhead could easily dislike the next metalhead because of the vast differences of metal they listen to. You have the bands that spawned from Metallica (the crap "metal rock" you hear on the radio...Godsmack anyone?) to the bands that spawned from listening to classical music. Then you have the guys that listen to jazz/progressive rock and incorporated it in with metal. And now you also have the hardcore phase combining with metal.

Point being, that you can actually broaden your horizons within metal.

As per your specific request, Im not a blues guy so cant help ya there.

For classical: Paganini, Chopin, Jason Becker :p and pretty much the whole Baroque period is what I enjoy. As for classical guitar specifically, got to love Leo Brouwer.