View post (Just for conversation...)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
05/31/2010 10:47 pm
I took a break from the geet for almost a week. I've been on vacation and left it alone for something like 7 days until I finally broke down. I have to say, a certain rustiness developed quite quickly! But at the same time, I found new musical expressions within the notes I've been playing all along.

One bit of amusement I had was hooking up a cheap a$$ Wal Mart amp to a speaker cab. It was some kind of "First Act MI1A" or something with a 3" speaker I got with a cheap guitar I got for the workshop. It has an 11 watt draw, so probably like a 1 or 2 watt output. I can pretty much fit it in my hand and it sounds like playing through a transister radio :p

But! I rewired it out to a jack and plugged it into a 4x12 Peavey cab. Wow, what a little rocker! I was really surprised. Sounds every bit as good (or maybe better) that a 25 watt Peavey combo I usually run through out there.

Anyway. Fun's over. Back to work tommorrow. Next couple weeks off are not for another two months :( But, back to routine lessons and practice, too, so it's all good. :)
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.