View post (How Often do you practice?)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/15/2010 12:07 am
Originally Posted by: JarsewOne of the key points he makes is they (scientist and their studies I guess) have concluded that it takes roughly 10,000 hours of practice to supposedly become a virtuoso; or even more broad, to become an expert in whatever profession.

I had no idea this book existed. Thanks for the heads up!

And you right on the money pointing out that depends on what is practiced. And also, how it's practiced.

I started playing when I was 10. Played a couple hours a day getting the basics right. Then I got my first electric at 12 and got serious. Started practicing 4-8 hours a day. I that did that until I was 18. After that I was not just strictly practicing, but always playing via performing & teaching guitar. And still 4-8 hours a day, sometimes more. More whenever there was time available in between working!

Nowdays, I sometimes only get in an hour or two. But I do get in 5-6 hours somedays. Again, though, most of that is GT teaching, or writing, recording. But I never let a day go by without playing guitar. I'm playing right now while reading the forum. I love to play the guitar. :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory