View post (Beautiful girls don't play the guitar)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
02/12/2002 5:26 pm
I think you guys will agree with me that as much as we love to hate record companies for exploiting artists,most(if not all)artists are in this for the fame and money.And everything in life is a business;I dont know how big the "undertaking" business is,but if people never used to die,a lot of revenue would be lost.Back in the days,people used to hear about musicians from the local festivites and stuff that used to happen.That didn't cost anything.Today,as film said,promotion and stuff costs money.If you wernt in it for the money,why would you target 100000 copies sales and stuff like that?Why would you want to play in 40,50,60000-seat venues,preferrably packed to capacity?The fame,the money.Business,my dear friends,is anything but noble.Didn't know that?Welcome to the world.
Look at Enron.All those financial scandals you hear and stuff.I think art remains noble if done on a small,human scale.Beyond that,business "rules" apply,and they usually hurt.Everywhere,not just in music or art.If we were born rich(could handle the financial risks),you'll find most of us wouldnt do this;we already have the money,why bother with a career?