View post (Beautiful girls don't play the guitar)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
01/30/2002 10:39 am
Originally posted by friskynibbles
hey david :)
... many pro musicians are blazing hot (coincidence? i think not)...

IMHO
Pro has two meanings,and I think people tend to confuse things:
When you do something for a living,it's said to be your profession,hence the word pro.Now,if you do something for a living,you tend to get good at it,which spawwns the second meaning of pro;someone who's good at what they do.Which brings me to my point,that just because you do something for a living doesn't necessarily mean you're good or gifted or whateca there.
These IMNSHO "pros"you're talking about,who are blazing hot.I hear they're are picked for their looks(hence the reason-you're right,it's no coincidence)they are generally hot,because they'll satisfy the image the rec companies want to sell.Rec companies mostly sell images,not music.Again IMNSHO,there's no difference between Vince Mcmahon and most rec execs.
"Pros"!Britney is hot,yes,but she sure as hell isn't pro as in the second definition of pro.And I'm not worried that Justin will see this post.These types of "pros"would never be caught in some place like this.
And b4 you tell me I'm full of mysellf,I'm not a pro,in both senses of the term pro.
NOT YET.

[Edited by kingdavid on 01-30-2002 at 09:45 AM]