View post (Boston)

View thread

6stringsat100mp
6stringsat100mp
04/22/2010 9:33 am
As I was reading through this (I have never visited this forum but been a member of GT for some time now) thread I started to get disappointed as I saw no mention of "The Voice" Brad Delp. Brad was a friend of mine and he was without question one of the kindest, caring and generous people anyone could ever know.
Rickblacker: You are right sir, he did take his own life! Brad was a tortured soul for the duration of his life. His giving nature and the greedy nature of so many in this world were always at war inside him and he finally gave up and set up a grill in his master bathroom one afternoon and lit it up inside. He was careful to leave notes warning those entering of the toxic vapors and was found that same day with a note written in french pinned to his chest saying in effect "I have given all I can give and I have nothing left."
Words couldn't adequately explain the actual shock and horror many of us that knew him felt when hearing the news.
I knew him from a fellow musician from New Hampshire; I was introduced years back when he had just started his pet project Beatlejuice. He always loved the Beatles and was John and Paul when he was singing their songs. You would expect to hear that Boston voice singing the tunes but nope...he sounded just like John and Paul. Coincidentally he lived a few houses down from my sister and her husband in Atkinson NH and that is where I got to know the real guy!

He was a true gentleman and an amazing talent and is sorely missed by many and not for his talent nearly as much as for the man he was.

Reagards,
Mark

[IMG]