View post (Online lessons or Real Live teacher?)

View thread

SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
03/12/2010 8:21 pm
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I suppose I'm a little bit at odds with the whole formal learning process. Especially when trying to match my knowledge to the instructors method to avoid going back to stuff I've covered but maybe can't reproduce perfectly or well enough for the instructors liking.

I like the sound of what DMAN4505 does with the local community college. That would enable a different approach and a chance to get to meet some local players which is also what I'm after. I think I'll look into my local college.

I know exactly what you mean Razbo. Your idea is good, I'm just not sure if he'll be flexible enough. I'm also not too keen on the whole "in the middle of the shop bit". A customer was playing in the area we were going to use and it was 15 minutes before the lesson could start!! It felt a bit awkward.

DeadlyNo7. Your reaction was like mine and I'm not sure I can get over it - also the fact that he had a go at power chords and the like was a bit off to me - not very open-minded!

Chris. Your reply is spot on and good advice. I just need to keep looking to find that someone who'll strike just the right balance of encouragement and good instruction combined with open mindedness and someone I respect to boot!

Once again, cheers to all for the replies. It's great to get that sort of feedback :D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]