View post (Underrated AND Overrated guitarists)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/05/2002 12:09 am
I dont know if I'm the only one who thinks this...
Under: jeff buckley, Daron Malkan (system of a down), Gordon Giltrap (this man falls into the malmsteem catogry of too much speed and not enough feel sometimes, but the intro to "fear of the drak" is astounding, it has got a FEEL to it, like something very quick and nasty is gonna happen), the guitarist (so under-rated I dont even know his name, but to be fair that's due to him being in the mighty shadow of Les claypoole), Peter buck (listen to him on "lotus")...

Over:yep, you guessed it... Malmsteem (yes he maybe be fast, but is about as intresting to listen to as someone touch type at very high speeds), Via (i just dont get it, it's cheese, and "for the love of god" is hardly an amazing piece of work emotionally... the outro sounds like some sort of delay effect.. in a net shell, it sounds like the music you'd hear for those crappy b-movies, where the cop has just had his partener killed on his last day before retirement, told to hand in his badge etc etc, and is on the seafornt figuring out revernge at sun set), Satraini ("surfing with the alien" CHEEEEEEEESE!!!), paul macartny (Sp) (maybe it's because of his last single.. bloody give war a chance or whatever it was... seriously it makes you look very cynically at his whole career, when they were all for PEACE AND LOVE MAN!! when maybe it was all just because it was selling well at the time)...

this is all my oppinion, and I'm not having a dig at the gutiarists I've said are over-rated....*listens to "jazzy sensation"-afrika bammbata*