View post (A good new thread?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/25/2002 1:02 am
"The Zombie Eaters" rules.

About Morrello, I think he's damn good (almost anyone who impresses Les Claypool is good in my book). What I think got me about the band is not what they were doing, but how it seemed to concentrate on a few musical ideas. Their first album was really good, especially "Revolver" as it was such a break from the political stuff. The band itself is incredibly solid, and I like Zack's vocal style (he just needs more diverse lyrical content). But the thing is that probably all of us here could make a "Rage" song in about thirty seconds. Their riffing and song structures became so formulaic...

As for Clapton, he's a living legend. Frankly, I think that keeps him very insolated from all the music that's living and breathing out there. All of us are in a better position to look around, poke our head into a club, stumble into a party where some nobody band happens to be playing their first gig. Sadly, not many people do. Sometime there will be an artist or group that completely rewrites rock (or maybe invents a new type of music), and who's to say when? I can't, but I know it will happen and I'm just about to pee my pants in anticipation.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons