View post (Define Your Own Success)

View thread

11/14/2010 2:41 am
Although I still have a long way to really making my hands shining in playing guitar . My ultimate goal is to become a guitarist and join a band . While I have thought about becoming a song writer I have found it easier said then done and it requires lots of patience and knowing how compose each word to each chord .

I kinda wish that I started learning how to play guitar back when I was a kid for music and guitars became my passion when I first a gypsy kings song at the age of 14 and music really took off on me .

But I've also learned not to put all your eggs in one basket because I hear the money isn't great and may not be enough to make a living . My good friend Mike a Musician told me to consider a musician as a career is not looking at your goals realistically simply because of the amount of experience and competition other musicians have and face .

And he also told me that there's always the chance that what you consider your passion and fun could also become not fun if you get so consumed and frustrated in not becoming a successful musician .

But Anyways those are my goals . Hope to join a band make a decent living but I'll settle guitar playing as a hobby :)