View post (Define Your Own Success)

View thread

J.STEELE
J.STEELE
09/23/2010 2:09 am
I started playing kind of late, I'd been a music fan since I was a youngster but couldn't afford a guitar until I got a job and bought a Memphis les paul when I was 17. I learned some chords and Jammed with my friends. I thought about the music lifestyle, but also had to work the Day job. Played in a few punk bands and played Drums in the last and most successful one. That whole chapter of my life ended in 1997 when that band broke up for all the good reasons. Needless to say, a lot of negative distractions come along and one can be easily distracted in so many ways. I was turned off to music especially the scene. The past Three years I have regained interest in the guitar and have been making some real progress, No pressures, just to please myself. I feel like I learned a lesson that could be considered a goal, That my desire to play music will always be with me, and The musical journey is always ongoing. I'm 45 now, work a full time job, but practice a few hours a day and enjoy it more than I enjoyed the whole rock band trip. But I do like to perform as well, Maybe I'll start Busking on the weekends. That could be my goal.