View post (Has everyone got the talent?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/13/2002 4:50 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov

Try and find new ways to push yourself...

We all get asked that question every now and then, as to how long it took us to become real guitar maniacs. But the thing is, if we ever intend to accomplish something truly great as musicians, we must realize how important it is for us to move at our own pace. Of course everything seems like one big competition (and to some extent it is,) but we have to try and put these feelings aside, that is if we ever want to feel comfortable creating, writing and playing music.

Over the past several years, I've taken many different approaches. However, the one thing I try not to do is practice too many things at once, because everything can become too overwhelming. Just never give up, keep finding new ways to raise your enthusiasm with this instrument, and in no time, believe me, you'll be right on top. Of course scales are very important, but give yourself enough of a variety when it comes to learning new things.

Create the perfect practice shedule, based onhpow you feel, an pay close attention to your week spots. What attracted me to the guitar is that there are so many endless possiblities. And when my mom told me I couldn't use her violin bow to strum the strings, I found other ways to be creative. :D

JiMmY PaGe RuLeS!!!!!

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."