View post (Has everyone got the talent?)

View thread

paddybodenham
paddybodenham
01/12/2002 6:43 pm
Ok lads. Here's the story. I took up PIANO (ok.. ok... guitar'll come in a sec) 8 years ago. After about 3 years I was playing concerts and playing in shows and all stuff like that. Performing all seemed to come naturally you know, despite the fact that I didnt know a whole lot about the theory. I'm not going to be modest just to prove a point. After a year of solid practise (I'm talking 4-5 hours a day) I was **** hot. REALLY ****ing quick, playing stuff like Rachmaninov and the psychotic classical studies of his etc.

So now for guitar. It's been about a year and a half. I've been practising about as much as I did on piano. If not more. I REALLY love my guitar, and love playing it. But it just doesnt seem to be coming as quickly as the piano. I listen to Satriani, and Vai, and Petrucci and all that shred stuff, and would love it so much if I might even be able to start on that stuff... but **** man - I look at the tab and my brain just goes COMPLETELY dead. I cant work it out, let alone play it?!

This question goes out to the best guitarists in here. If you're crap - take a hike:

DOES IT COME WITH SOLID PRACTISE? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO BE AS FAST AS YOU ARE? AM I WASTING MY TIME?

Take it easy everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------
Music. It models your soul like putty.