View post (VOX amPlug Headphone Amp)

View thread

guitarplayer196
guitarplayer196
09/28/2009 10:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Infinite-THello, I recently picked up one of these too. I was looking for a way to play with headphones without being closly chained to my amp. Secondly, I wanted to be able to have my computer (for GT lessons) and my guitar to play thru the same headphones so I could do the lessons without disturbing anyone.

This little gadget does the trick. Guitared Geezer (lol) did an excellent job detailing and describing the features (plus Im lazy) so I wont elaborate too much. But being able to hear my axe and Comp (and iPod) thru the same headphones is perfect.

I got the AC30 version (figured it would be somewhat universal tone). With my strat the overall volume is decent. With my SG however, if i cank everything up, im sure my ears would bleed. The sound quality is just decent, It sounds kind of "tinny". But for a tiny cheap little gadget you cant expect a whole lot in that department, plus i am a real tone snob.

If you are looking for something like this, this is an great choice.

They are interesting, but somewhat limited considering you have to buy the one sound(ie - No way to switch between a clean and distortion sound), making it impractical atr least for me. I have been checking into the Korg Pandora's , but they are more money
"I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if its the right one and it will probably whip the guy with 20 notes." Les Paul - 2002