View post (Line6 Spider Jam)

View thread

Infinite-T
Full Access
Infinite-T
Full Access
10/25/2009 6:47 am
Anyway to answere the questions you all have asked:

There is a pretty decent variety of jam tracks it comes with. They are all just made up songs, nothing you would know or anything. the cool thing is that you can download backing tracks from a 3rd party site to your computer. If you have a program that can convert the files to WAV files you can save them on an SD card for playback on the spider jam!

Yes it is supposedly 75 watts. But im not sure if that is true watts, prolly peak. I have heard top quality 15 amp tubes that sound much louder than this. As far as i know it is only available in 75 watts.

I tried a G-dec when I was at the shop. the G-decs are cool, cheaper, and you can get em in 15watt and 30 watt versions. But you get no recording, no footswitch control option, no SD input for downloads. and the jam tracks are cheeper sounding MIDIs, the spider jam has full live band recordings.

One thing I must say though. I am a tone snob and am really picky about clarity, warmth and response, this all digital spider jam is too artificial sounding for me, id give it a 3/5 in that department. I would never use it live or in jamming with others, just on my own to help build speed and work on licks and stuff. So if you are a tone freak too, definitly try b4 you buy.