View post (July Sweetwater Gear Review Giveaway - Vox Valvetronix ToneLab LE)

View thread

Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
07/02/2009 6:33 pm

Vox ToneLab LE
$399 at Sweetwater

Watch My Video Demo Here:
www.guitartricks.com/channel/

The Vox Valvetronix Tonelab LE – It’s tube driven, baby!

One thing that gets me about amp modeling pedals is they tend to have that processed straight- to-the-board sound, then along comes ToneLab by Vox featuring a real 12ax7 pre-amp tube.

While most processors only have pre-amp circuitry, Vox has added “Valve Reactor Technology” which consists of a low-watt power amp, virtual output transformer, and a dummy speaker circuit so that it’s got the same circuit structure as an all tube amp, and you can hear the difference!

This pedalboard features 16 amp models including Tweed, Blackface, AC15, Marshall and Modern, 11 classic speaker cabinet simulations, 50 stomp boxes and 5 eq settings. It comes with 40 programs and 120 user programs.

I like this unit because it’s fairly simple to dial in your own custom sound and it's got gobs of effects. The expression pedal is assignable as is the "Control" footswitch so you can have your favorite stompbox right out front.

It comes in a rugged, compact, metal chassis with large knobs for the amp settings and the classic Vox black knobs for the effects section.

Digital S/P DIF makes it convenient for computer recording. Stereo out, MIDI in/out and a headphone jack with independent volume control make this a valuable tool for home or stage, and it looks good!

Vox’s classic amps have been consistently used on major albums and tours over the years and they’ve got a lot knowledge and experience behind this design, I hate to see it go but I’m happy to pass it on!

This one can be yours courtesy of our friends at Sweetwater by subscribing to our monthly newsletter and reading the product review for the month. Sweetwater sponsors this giveaway and they are always a real pleasure to deal with. They give free shipping on all orders (even strings!) and have an outstanding staff of real musicians who can help you make the right purchase the first time.

Sweetwater provides the gear, we review it for the Guitar Tricks Newsletter, and we give it away to one lucky Guitar Tricks member. Don’t forget to post a reply in this thread to qualify to win, good luck!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/