View post (Virtual Fretboard guitar chord and scale generator software.)

View thread

LiamRedmond
LiamRedmond
01/07/2002 5:44 pm

Only recently did I take my own web site down that produced over 18,000 fretboard images without downloading any software which I ran for nearly 2 years, it supported multi tunings, instruments, chords and scales dynamically on the server side no applets. This was on the same site as my software download which has been around for just over a year. My stats show that once I introduced the software download the on-line version just didn't get used anymore people on the whole preferred to download the software and do it off-line. I've also seen just about every site that produces chord charts over the last 2 years and none of them even came close to mine I'm afraid, my opinion but I'm entitled to it. I've seen most of them, provided data to others (http://www.guitarists.net) and got bored with on-line generators, hence the software. I don't want to get into a drawn out thread on the merits of on-line, off-line issues I just followed what people appeared to want from the evidence I have, my web logs.

Another reason I took it down is because I have to buy things like food for my family, I'm a software engineer, it's my job for which I would like to get paid.

Thanks.

Liam.