View post (What's your problem?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/09/2002 1:06 am
Originally posted by Weakicks
Hey !! You remind me allittle of myself the way you say that.Do you study jazz at all??Jazz drummers and all that kind of music really helps me sometimes.It's cool to improvise with a good drummer and have them use mallets and brushes and really focuse on tonalitys and dimensions. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dabble in a little bit of everything, but yes I would have to say that jazz music really does play a big roll in my technique. For hours I sometimes tend to sit back and relax (that is whenever I can,) listening to music of all different kinds. And I search fo certain elements that can inspire me in more ways than one.

It's very difficult to find willing musicians down here in South Florida, those who ar willing to put in the time and effort that's needed. I swear I would love to rent a recording studio for the day, and simply record the drums, guitar, bass, and vocals all by myself. I'm sure it would be an amazing exerience, which also builds a great level of independence. But money is a little scarce, maybe in a few weeks.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."