View post (What's your problem?)

View thread

PlayLikeDavid
PlayLikeDavid
01/05/2002 2:37 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
PlayLikeDavid: Find a video of Dana Colley from Morphine wailing away on two saxes at once and show it to this guy. Or Skerrack (most recently in Col. Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade) playing with feedback and such in the middle of sax solos.

Of course, that would probably help nothing.

As for me, I tend to overplay, and I need to work on my sense of time.

You're right. It probably would not resolve anything. I am not saying that Pastor X isn't talented. He most certainly is. What I am saying, and I will say it plainly here, is that he is a control freak. For some reason, he needs to control every aspect of his surrounding atmosphere. I don't know why, but that is where I think he is coming from and I will not be controlled to that extent. Musicians have and need a certain measure of freedom to practise their art. He denies that to those around him and that is dead wrong.
This will be my last post on this subject here. We're getting off of the focus of this forum which is guitars and music. Thank you for caring enough to post on this.

Now on to your timing trouble. Have you worked with a metronome? That is a great way to master your timing. Start slow and build upward. This will help your timing and speed at the same time. Good luck.
Let's have a knock down drag out rock'n'roll party in the street!
Chuck