View post (What's your problem?)

View thread

PlayLikeDavid
PlayLikeDavid
01/05/2002 2:25 pm
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Being true to your own vision might seem like a selfish approach, but in doing so, you established a sucessful working relatonship with your peers and the congregaton.

This new minister seems to be determined to impose his own will on all involved. I suggest this is a far more selfich approach to the situation.

I'm not a religious man, but I understand the importance of setting ego aside in favour of the music. Perhaps this fellow should have learned a bit of humility along with the theory.

Thank you for your response. I never thought of this in terms of "being true to my vision", but that makes a whole lot of sense to me now.
Also, understand that I have been trained in church to come under the authority of those in leadership. This stems from the belief that God places people in leadership positions for reasons only he (God) understands. I accept that on it's premise and do not question God's will in any way. But I do think that a person can go to an extreme and really mess it up.
Case in point: Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden. They were placed there for a reason and later on really messed it up by leaving the protection of God's will and seeking their own gratification.
I hope that made sense.
This will be my last post on this subject here. I am getting off of the forum's focus now. If you want to continue this, email me privately at PlayLikeDavid@AOL.com
Let's have a knock down drag out rock'n'roll party in the street!
Chuck