View post (please tell me a good way to learn finger placement)

View thread

Gulder
Gulder
01/02/2002 12:37 pm
I saw te fat guy of SUM41 handtapping when I was going through some channels. It consists that you use your right hand to 'tap' a note on the fret board and with your left hand you make a hammer-on with he sound produced from the tap. The tap is kinda like a pull-off, with your right hand and with only one finger (but there are techniques to use all 4 fingers to tap)

e|-(T)12-7h9---
b|-------------

So, place your left hand index finger on the 7th, tap the 12th and hammer on with your left hand RINGfinger.
I hope this crappy explenation made sense. There are alot more 'good' guides to tapping. So I'd suggest you search around. (Shmange has made a really good one, but it's rather difficult)

By the way, the first paragraph of my previous thread wasn't about you, but about 'sum41' I din't want to insult you by any means, it was just an opinion

About the pedals, you should go to a music store and ask if you can try some. I have a Boss Me-33, and I'm pretty happy with it, but offcourse it's just a matter of tase.

Belgian beer sucks ? Man, what have you been drinking then ? I take this as an insult tho' :)

p.s. heineken is not Belgian :) it's _not_ even considered as beer here :)