View post (Amperage upgrade)

View thread

liarcangel
liarcangel
02/16/2009 3:36 pm
So I have been playing for a while, and am still using my first amp, a Vox 15w. It has been tireless, diverse, and pretty much amazing for everything I have needed to do...I can only think of one time I needed a louder sound (and that was competing with full stack on bass and a drummer). But now I am looking for a larger amp, a bigger sound, and possibly something more directed at the kinds of music I play. I often play things in the vein of a vai/johsnon/satriani sort of strain and I enjoy that very much, but I do from time to time like to switch over to a grinding metal. Are there any specific amps out there that offer this kind of diversity outside of the VOX? I ask because from all the times I go to various music shops, I always wind up returning to the VOX simply because of how many options these amps have available. Could I possibly get that kind of diversity in something like a Marshall, Peavey or Fender? Or does anyone have another suggestion for an amp that produces a good sound with good diversity? I am pretty set on tube amps, but that is all I really know for sure right now...