View post (Where can I learn how to read Schematics, and circuit diagrams?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
12/27/2001 12:05 am
thanks.. read through them... Um... your exations is pretty helpful... But I dont know why you're using emf as opposed to your average voltage (sorry, but i hate emf, everything I work with emf involves "lost volts" and other tedious factors)...
I read your thread on pick ups,... um... it's great, but I've kinda gone past this (please,I dont mean to sound arogant at all)... but you've mentioned something I've completly forgotten about... sheilding, and more importantly attenuation... What processes happen with you average e.m. radation? (I feel right at home with this :D... but I'm intrested in what happens)...
Cos with you're X-rays you got your: photo electric, compton scattering, and pair production... but the last two are pretty high energy stuff... I thing pair production needs a wave of a minimun energy of 1.2 mev... Cos yiou get all kinds of funky stuff goin' on, like suddenly you get enrgy converted to masss.... and you get one electron and one positron (which is anihalted by a nieghbour, if your worried abotu what happens to all energy)... So it comes back to good ol' E= mCsquared, you gotta have enough energy ... that's another thing that equation! Everyone looks at you like your some kinda genius when ya say it... but really it's about as complicated as working out "If a car travels at 60miles per hour, how far does it travel in a minute"....
I read you profile , your job sounds pretty cool... Certainly gives you some cool gismos to take home from work (not that i would condone theft :))...
hmmm... I've just read this through... Why have i started rambling these days... and myspelling's getting alot worse.. not that it was any good in the first place...