Squier Guitars

Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/13/2000 8:39 pm
Hey james!
the squiers are defentley not best guitars out there... but they cost less than some lousy mexican fender, so i really do think that people with low budget like me should try out those guitars... it doesnt mean that i wont buy a gibson as soon as i can , but for a beginning it's a very nice guitar
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 1
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
12/14/2000 3:05 am
Is anyone familiar with the term "you get what you pay for"?
A squier is not a fender and therefore you should notice a drop off in quality between fender and it's subsidiary. Just like you wouldn't expect a epi lp to sound like a gibson, would you? If that were so i could go out and buy three gibsons couldn't I? I agree that fender squiers aren't the best guitar to start out on i know there are better companies that make better entry level guitars. i agree with pony, I'm sure the tone on an sg special sounds better than a squier strat probally cause it has humbuckers and humbuckers sound better than sings for rock hands down.
"Take my hand boss"
# 2
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
12/16/2000 5:51 pm
I still have my squier strat and i love it. It feedsback a little when i use it with certain effects, but other than that its awesome. I like playing it better than my friends American California Stratocaster. I got my guitar for about $200 bucks and he paid about $1100 for his. I guess its all in your opinion.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/16/2000 7:41 pm
I've played some squiers that really blew, I played some that were fairly nice (as in I would probably end up changing pickups on it and maybe getting a better bridge). Even though these things are mass produced, they're all a little different. The little variations add up in the end. Just go with what feels right, and you'll never go wrong.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

12/17/2000 12:47 am
I suggest http://www.route101guitars.com they are great guitars for the price.
# 5
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/17/2000 6:48 am
hey rob, have you ever actually played a Route 101 guitar? I have heard some good things about them, but i've never actually played or even heard one. Isn't it possible that at least some of the comments about its quality could be hype?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 6
loner92
loner92
12/17/2000 6:56 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
Squiers have no soul or cajones behind them. For the price you could get an Epiphone SG that has waaaay better tone than a squier. Squier Teles are okay, but their strat models are sub par. If you're dead set on the strat design, go to http://www.musicyo.com and get one of the Kramer Focus strat ripoffs. They are better than a squier and cost $70. Or shell a little more and get a Beretta. Plus everybody who is starting out seems to flock to the Strat design. Do something a little more individual.

Yeah, Squiers suck. Get a Kramer Striker, Vanguard, or Baretta. I guarantee they are at least 10 times the guitar of a Squier. I own two Kramers, and I love them. But if you get a Kramer with a Floyd, keep in mind that it'll probably need a good setup.

# 7
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/20/2000 10:15 pm
Yo ponyone!
i don't think that people like fender only because of hendrix and wayne's world...
i myself wanted to play one because of richie blackmore and that guy from police, but actually there are alot of good guitarists playing on fenders...
blackmore
andy summers
clapton
jeff beck
hendrix
and this is only the few i can remmember now...
although i myself prefer gibson i think that fender is producing the best guitars , except for gibson...

"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 8
Elmo45
Elmo45
01/02/2001 6:48 am
If you all will excuse me but I just skipped alot of the replies after the initial query. Just because on other forums, alot of people just love to bash on the Squiers, just to read themselves thinking they are cool on bagging on a product. But not me.
For the money a Squier is a good place to start, there are other Premium guitar makers that put out entry level gits so take a look around. Nowadays it's pretty tough to find a crappy guitar because alot of the guitar makers are vying for a entry level guitar market.
I know plenty of die-hard Strat guys that still have thier old Squires and still love them!
# 9
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
01/02/2001 8:30 pm
That's Right!!!
i love my squier and im proud at it !!!!

altough it's a bit anoying to have pickups feedback all the time
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 10
Elmo45
Elmo45
01/02/2001 8:45 pm
The good thing about the Squires is that you can soup them up with modifications like locking tuners, improved electronics, whammy units, and best of all there's a ton of replacement pickup options to help with noise reduction and improved tone.
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.