View post (Squier Guitars)

View thread

Jon68
Jon68
10/01/2000 12:06 am
I bought a Squier Strat a few years ago and real enjoyed the guitar, which had excellent sound and played fine. The longer I had it, though, I started thinking that maybe I'd install an American Standard Bridge and tuners to help stay in tune a little better. When I started looking at the price of the mods, I decided to trade the Squier in on an American Standard.
I had the Squier for more than a year and traded it in at the dealer where I originally bought the guitar. Since the Squier was in excellent condition (no scrapes, marks or dings), the dealer gave me full trade-in (what I paid) against the American Standard. I realy liked the American Standard - the guitar played better than the Squier, but I preferred the sound of the Squier.
I ended up selling the Strat after a couple of years and continued playing my 1968 Les Paul Custom which I bought new. I have wanted another Strat for a long time, and bought an American Standard Deluxe last February. That Strat is my guitar of choice now.