View post (Stage Name?)

View thread

The Slasher
I rule.
The Slasher
I rule.
09/11/2008 12:53 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunesThat's not a bad idea! I could use like R.L. (Billy) Graham, R.L. (Chuck) Norris, R.L. (Tommy) Emmamuel, no that would be too obvious. How about R.L. (Dolly) Parton, R.L. (Doc) Waston, or I know, R.L. Fesler. Fesler was an old man that ran a small neighorhood grocery store when I was a kid. It was like an old general store with a wooden floor and wooden shelves up to the ceiling. He was a very kind and well respected person.

So, what do you think? Be nice! Funny, but nice.

(Am I the only one who's seeing the [quote] tags all the time?)

That sounds pretty good. I remember struggling for a stage name a few years ago. What I did was try to think up a concept and abbreviate it (or acronymise it).

So I ended up with Techman. I thought it sounded cool because I'm pretty obsessed with my technique; not just with guitar playing, but with everything else like martial arts etc.

Really, though, Techman actually is an acronym for "T.he E.ternal C.onsciousness H.umbly M.anifests in A.ll of N.ature". Might have sounded kind of, well, cheesy but I'm no tree-hugger :P. (Atheist too.)

Getting back to your case, I have an idea: how about "R. L. Diamonds"?

Press reporter after an awesome concert of yours: "That was a phenomenal performance, Arrell [sic]. So, all the fans are just itching to know: what's the R. L. in R. L. Diamonds?"

You: "Rare Like. So it's actually Rare Like Diamonds."

Reporter: "Wow. Your talent IS really rare like diamonds. Can I call you 'dime' for short? Ha ha ha ha ha-" *gets punched in the face*.

In the end, though, I've realized your stage name doesn't really matter. If you've got the talent, whatever name you use will actually become a brand of its own. When I ask most people what "R. E. M." means, they say "a band" and not "Rapid Eye Movement." This is pretty ironic because, I've heard the name was a random word picked from a dictionary... there you go.

Yeah, and I hate R.E.M.