View post (Stage Name?)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
08/01/2008 11:26 am
Since I started performing a few months ago at age 59, I am being asked to play more and more all of the time. Okay, here’s the thing. Everyone wants to know my stage name. I always go by R.L. because that’s what my father called me. I think its fine for a stage name, but everyone seems to think I need something more.

Like I said, I am 59, short, fat, gray, bearded, and not attractive at all. I play Country, Bluegrass, some Blues, Jazz, old time Rock ‘n Roll, and mostly comical songs I have written.

I can’t use Looney Tunes (which I really like), because of copyright infringement. Friends have suggested names such as Uno (because I usually perform alone), Hybrid (because of the car I drive), Metro-Nome (because of the trouble I have keeping in time, SLUFF (Short, Little, Ugly, Fat, Fellar), Dirty Old Man (which I’m not, dirty I mean), and a few I don’t care to mention.

So, I thought I would take suggestions from the forum. This does not mean I will use any of the suggestions, but then again, I might. It will be fun away. Because I do play for churches and mixed company, young and old, please keep your suggestions clean.

Thanks, I will be eagerly waiting to see what you guys come up with. I think!