View post (Recording a fast and technical song....)

View thread

AngelSkin
AngelSkin
07/31/2008 7:18 pm
Hey guys,use to post here quite alot as chucklivesoninmyheart....anyway.I'm using sonar and got the drum track for my song,but the guitar is pretty wacky and off the wall,lots of tempo changes 4/8+3/8 e.c.t and its pretty long.If one note is scratchy(it involves tremolo picking)or I miss a 16th note..well lets just say it would take a few weeks none stop of retakes just for the first guitar track.

So I'm trying to do it riff by riff,but trying to move the clips close enough to have the transition sound natural(without a bump in volume with the first down stroke of the pedal tone for example)and using the scissor/cut feature makes it sound unnatural.It is driving me just as nuts as much as 100 takes(frustrating to be half way through the song,thinking "almost there" and screw it all up).

Any tips on how to go about recording a song full of goofy fast,but extremely tight riffs?I won't settle for anything less than perfect.

Using sonar home studio XL.Have no idea how people go about this.Do I have the wrong idea or appraoch to cutting in "melding" the clips to sound like natural transition(my timing is fine to end and begin each riff,it just appears to make a very discernible difference riff to riff,volume mostly or a slightly abrupt end to the riff and an abrupt beginning...no matter how accurate I begin the next.)

Thanks for any advice!