View post (August Sweetwater Gear Review Giveaway - Epiphone Les Paul x2)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/31/2008 1:06 pm
I use to be against the Les Paul becuase of playabilty in my eyes (single cutaway on a thick guitar, spaced out strings, wide neck,) but after trying them recently on a few trips to Guitar Center I see what all the hype is about. Though the really high frets need some time to get use to, the LP's play really nice. I have kinda chunky fingers, yet still manage to play good on a 25.5 scale, but on the LP, the spacing is almost perfect as I didn't hit any unwanted notes (besides playing high on the neck due to the single cut away.)

Antoher thing that makes me happy is that its the first guitar I actually used the volume and tone controls other than maxing them out or getting a semi clean sound. When I frist played one, I switched to the neck pickup, yet need to roll back the volume a little and the tone halfway and got a really good mellow blues tone, yet had the punch I desiree when you strum over a few muted strings then hit a high note with some vibrato.

All in all, really decent guitars.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace