View post (unplayable noise,hums,feedback in non-gibson LP's)

View thread

anarchist
anarchist
08/22/2000 10:02 am
dear everyone , anyone :

i payed a visit to a totally friendly guitar shop to look for a Epiphone LesPaul or any LP look alike .Well to start things off im not those really LOADED kinda guy so i decided to look for a NON-GIBSON LP . Before this i'd always thought that LP's has that fat ,creamy ,thick sound which is very suitable for certain rock and mainloy blues ,which is what im looking for .

When i told them i wanted an epi LP those guys immediately got off their seats and plugged a EPIphone LP standard into a fender amp set the amp volume around 40% ,turn the LP's two volumes ,and two tone knobs to max , and there u go , the hummings and awful ear piercing ,unplayable feedback ( more like noisy, high pitched humming) started to sound.It was totaly unbearable at all ,not to mention unplayable.

Then next they plug in a strat around the same price and did the same with the knobs ( tone -> max ) , it produces nice lead sound .Wether it is clear or distortion ,absolutely NO noisy feedback which i mentioned about earleir .

Then they said this is the main difference between normal strat bodies and non-gibson LP's .
i begin to have that shivering feeling up my spine as i was just so determined to go for a cheap LP. now i realised the truth behind it . For the price one pays for a epiphone LP , you can get a much better Strat version ,be it fender or something . Now i felt for how the LP owners out there ,they can only play their guitar without much treble , tone down to minimum.

...what use of a guitar if it cant be played at all ? this is really a useless piece of crap for a beginner who's looking to improve their skills , aint bad guitars like epi LP isnt helping at all , UNLESS , of course if u turn the amp to 1 and turn down the tone knobs on the LP to 0 ( even my fart has more tone that what this set-up produces) . obviously this kills the versatality , it kills everything.

(will noise cancelling device help ? )

QUESTION ,however : Is there anything that can beat this problem in epi LP's ? i've heard of a NOISE CANCELLING DEVICE but i wonder how much can it help and for what price , would it have to sacrifice any sound quality if it is used ?

thanks for reading.REPLY me PLEASE , i need voice .