View post (GT Solo Assignment - July 2008)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
07/21/2008 1:48 am
Originally Posted by: mpaqGo ahead and play whatever/however you want...the whole point of this thread is to share ideas, not claim them....nobody on here is that uptight.
I use Audacity as well, it works well for basic recording...I dont use any of the effects other than maybe the compressor, and its mp3 encoding never sounds right to me so I save as a wave file then import to Wavelab and then render to mp3. (both programs use the Lame encoder so im not sure why Audacity doesnt seem to sound as good with the equivalent settings). I also have Reaper but compared to Audacity its much more advanced and my older PC chokes on it.
I record my guitar straight into a POD, through a mixer to a 24 bit soundcard. Probably not the best setup, but it sounds pretty good, and is easy and hassle free.
I hear ya mpaq. That's what's cool about this BT thread from the posts I've read- nobody's "competing" (I'd just drop out if that were to happen), and everyone gives helpful insight in the responses. I just wanted to be kinda "original" by using an acoustic, and when I saw someone post they used a nylon string, I couldn't help thinking..."ah, someone beat me to it"- not in a competitive way if you follow me. I doubt I'll be able to learn Ableton in time for me to get anything out. Just Audacity, my laptop and the Toneport which is giving me conniptions. Anyway, I have ideas in my head, but the heat has me worn out.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)