View post (GT Solo Assignment - June 2008)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
07/01/2008 3:23 am
Originally Posted by: FingerSpasm Its ok to listen to the entries when they are posted and make comments. Or you can wait. It just depends on your own personnel preference. I only wait if I have not recorded my track yet. That way I do not get influenced be someone else recording. :)
I think I'll adopt the same approach; I don't want to be influenced by someone else either. So I listened to your track FingerSpasm.

In the first minute, it feels like you're thinking, "where am I going to take this?." Right around when you started tapping, I think you were finding your groove, but kinda lost it towards the end. I think you rushed this out. Thumbs up for the tapping- I tried that, but my Jackson's pups weren't cooperating- or the Toneport, I dunno. I think if you had a few more days, you would have had something. Seems like you couldn't decide to stay diatonic, or go modal. But thumbs up again for the effort.

Thanks for your input. Yeah, it was challenging. I had done so many takes with my Ibanez, then had to switch off to my Jackson Dinky. Then...correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a B FLAT in there, not a B natural. THAT threw me off big time. In the end I was so tired, I ripped off the last 2 takes and had to walk away from it. I swear though, I don't hear chords, just a bass line. Still, this is fun. I hope to be able to participate more often in the future. I'll probably never be able to lay down a BT, as this recording into my computer is new to me.

Oh, I figured out why I'm having so much trouble recording. Since I live so close to the UN, there's lots of scrambling of phones and governments listening in on each other over the air. The Toneport is supposedly very sensitive to radio frequencies and stuff. But all the bad notes are all mine, lol.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)