View post (GT Solo Assignment - June 2008)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/18/2008 12:07 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanHey man,
I have no speakers on my work pc but regarding your difficulties recording... sounds like you have latency problems (causes the stuttering). This can be addressed by adjusting the buffereing in the setup for whatever sequencer you are using. To get the most out of the Gearbox package you should post for advice in the Reaper forum. There will be loads of users with that setup that can help you get set up quickly - should just be a matter of a few clicks. Best of luck getting things sortewd anyway.

Heya Super,
It's Wed. morn here, and I stayed up all night Sun until 4 a.m. Monday troubleshooting. I spent my whole day at work on Monday going through Line 6's forums, half asleep, lol. There's lots of issues with the Toneport. When it works, it works great- soundwise anyway. My problem right now is getting the backing track to play and me play at the same time. I messed with the buffering size first. I've come to the conclusion that I may have too many in/out audio devices getting in the way on my pc- souncard, tv tuner card, onboard soundcard, and various players. I disabled a number of hardware, but I think it's SoundBlaster audio card that's the problem- if you don't set it just right, you get nothing- there's settings for gaming, movie watching, music and on and on. But the Toneport have problems also- I've had to install and reinstall it about 15 times at least, and I can't upgrade to the latest drivers either, another known issue. Then I get error messages and blue screens of death. I feel like I'm gonna lose my mind. When I do get sound out of the Toneport, I can't record; when I can record, I can't hear exactly what I'm playing. It's a vicious cycle. Anyway, I'm going to buy the proper 1/8" lines and try on my laptop.Anyway, I wanted to upload something to get over my fear of playing. What I uploaded wasn't meant to be a final submission, I just wanted to get myself out there, like when someone has a fear of public speaking, you just get out there and do it.

I saw in your other post your setup- nice. Anyway, time to go to work. Thanks for the feedback. The only program that I can get the BT to play back on and record so far is my soundcard's recorder. That's why I used Audacity to capture what I played. My first take was 40 seconds, before Gearbox (Toneports player) froze, then my 2nd which lasted about 1 min . It was 3:45 a.m. by then, so I said, F-it, I'll upload it. I think this will help me to play more, as opposed to just noodling around. If everyone think's I suck, no problem; I think I suck, lol. I can talk technique and everything else, but I came to the conclusion a long time ago I did, lol. As long as I'm having fun, right? Gotta run, later, and thanks again.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)