View post (GT Solo Assignment - June 2008)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/18/2008 2:25 am
OK, this is my 2nd futile attempt at trying to record with the Toneport I just bought. I tried Reaper, Albitron- whatever the name is of the recording software that came with the Toneport, Cubase, Sonar, and couldn't get a signal to record. I finally used Audacity. Playing the backing track (kick's butt, Light!), with Gearbox, the Toneport GUI and controls for the Toneport- the track kept stuttering and stopping, and to make things worse, I couldn't hear very well the backing track or what I was playing, but knew Audacity was capturing something cuz I could see the bars moving, and I didn't mean for the guitar to be so up front. Anyway, this is my 2nd take, I know it sucks and is sloppy, and the guitar is out of tune. The signal is way over-driven, and I have no idea where the phaser effect came from. This isn't where I wanted to go when I first heard the BT, now the stinking runs are stuck in my head. Anyway, I wanted to upload something because I haven't let anyone really listen to me play in years, and this is my first shot at metal- sounds more like...I don't know what...; whatever. I figure why be part of a guitar forum if you don't get feedback from other players? All comments welcome- be brutal I can take it. I know it sucks, but here it is: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=845858&content=music It only last for about 1 min because Gearbox just stopped playing. Turn your speakers down, cuz it's LOUD. If I can't get the Toneport to work right, it's going back to the store.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)